Greek Yogurt Scones!
I made these last night with a friend who studied abroad in London and was so excited to have real scones again. The texture comes out perfect, dense and not too crumbly with a bit of sweetness.
Tip: wet your fingers before molding them into round(ish) shapes. I used white flour because whole wheat makes them taste much denser and more like bread. You can use this basic recipe to make whatever flavors you want, get creative! :)
For more healthy baking recipes go here. :)
Caramel Apple Pie Protein Shake
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 Scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup Apple chopped fine, or 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 tsp Caramel extract (or 2 tbs sugar free butterscotch pudding mix)
- 1/2 tsp Apple or pumpkin pie spice
- Dash Cinnamon
- 5-10 Ice cubes (Depending on how thick you like it, use less for a thinner consistency)
- 1/2-1 cup Water (Alter this according to desired consistency)
- 2-3 pkts Stevia (or 1/4 tsp sweetener of choice)
- Optional: 1/2 tsp xanthan gum 3, 1/2 tsp butter extract
Nutritional info: 215 calories, 35g protein